Monday, October 20, 2008

Fajita's!

When Alex and I went to the grocery store yesterday we were on a Mexican food kick...you'll see why later in the week. :) Alex scored a pretty sweet flank steak this week and decided to make fajitas with it tonight! Fajitas are so simple and pure yum!
Alex put the flank steak in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 F to 'tenderize it'. Does that work or is he talking silliness? You tell me. Afterwards he grilled it for a couple of minutes on the stove top until there were grill marks. In the mean time he cut up and cooked a white onion, half a red pepper, half an orange pepper, a couple of jalapenos in olive oil along with a lot of love. <--- Alex's words :) He seasoned the peppers with cayenne and cummin...just a pinch or two of each. He cooked them perfectly. They were a little crunchy and a little soft. I hate soft and squishy peppers on fajitas.
Combine the meat and peppers in a tortilla and eat!
I made some yummy guacamole to go with the fajitas! PERFECT!!!

5 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

I am droooooling. I love fajitas like fish enjoy the water. Oh dear this looks amazing. I can barely contain myself over here and it is 8:59am. Thanks so much for sharing. They look awesome!! I am going to stumble this!

Meg said...

Love the fajitas. Every once in awhile, I need a Tex-Mex fix!

imjacobsmom said...

Lookin' Good! ~ Robyn

Diane Duda said...

I am so hungry right now!

Tronner said...

I'm glad you did it with Flank Steak - I think that's a much tastier piece of meat than it gets credit for and it's great with the spices. Will have to try it soon!