Thursday, August 28, 2008

Speedy Breakfast Burritos

Breakfast during the week usually equates to a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with soy milk and dried cherries or blueberries. Occasionally I have dreams of a hot breakfast but always write it off because I think it will take too long to cook up. It doesn't.
I LOVE going to Cafe Rio and seeing them cook up the homemade tortillas. I can't make them from scratch if my life depended on it. Fortunately for me, our buddies at Costco sell uncooked tortillas that are PERFECT! Throw it into a frying pan (no oil) and cook about two minutes on both sides on medium heat. Be careful, because they can burn easily.
Cook up a single egg and scramble...it is speedy and beats trying to cook it over hard fast. I threw some black beans into the frying pan after the egg cooked up just to warm them through.
One of my other favorite Costco treats are Laughing Cow spreadable swiss cheese. THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EVERYTHING!!! They make for yummy cheese and crackers, quesadilla's, AND come to find out, Speed Breakfast Burritos! I spread a packet of Laughing Cow on my tortilla, stacked the egg, beans and salsa, wrap and munch! MMMMMMHH! It was fast and yummy!

No comments: