Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kabobs!

"You mean one of my meals makes the internet?" This is what Alex said to me when I whipped out my camera and started snapping pictures of his kabobs. My cute husband called me at work today and told me it was 'Wife Appreciation Day' today and he was making me a yummy dinner. WHOOHOO for me!
Alex loves the BBQ. EVERY time he grills, he puts a pepper, red, green or yellow, on the grill and then shoves them in a brown paper bag. It makes me giggle because he is being so Food Network. It's cute. Tonight was no different. He put Jalapenos on the grill with a green pepper. The funny part is that the peppers are never part of the meal we are making that night.
Tonight our dinner consisted of chicken tenders, red peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes, egg plant and corn on the cob. Alex prepped the grill to the point that the coals were nice and red and threw the kabobs on the grill. Towards the end of cooking Alex said, "I'm burning everything!" The egg plant came out a little toasty, but egg plant is kind of barf any way. I wanted to remind Alex that he could turn the heat down if we had a gas grill...but I didn't want to ruin wife appreciation day. :)

We had the kabobs over cilantro rice and it turned out fabulous!
Desert turned out to be grilled pineapples and mango. Pineapple is ALWAYS yummy on the grill, but mangoes...PURE YUMMINESS!!! You totally need to try the grilled mangoes. They might be a pain to peel and cut up, but it is 100% worth it.


No comments: