Monday, March 24, 2014

Why do I need to be reminded that spaghetti squash ROCKS?!!!!

I admit it.  I don't eat spaghetti squash often enough.  I actually hardly ever eat it and I'm not sure why, because every time I eat it I LOVE it!  Tonight we had spaghetti and spicy Italian sausage over spaghetti squash and it was FANTASTIC!  It was beyond fantastic.  I could actually see myself give up the pasta version and only eat it a traditional spaghetti meal with squash.  That's pretty surprising, because I have an addiction to carbs. :)

Squashy Spaghetti...bad name, hu?
Italian Sausage and Marinara Over FREAKING AWESOME Spaghetti Squash..much better!
1 - medium spaghetti squash
salt and pepper
1/2 lb. spicy Italian sausage, cooked
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, warmed


Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cut spaghetti squash in half, cut the stem off and scoop out the seeds.  Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with a little olive oil.  Place squash cut side down on the pan and cook for 30-40 minutes until the squash is tender when you put a knife through it.

When squash has been cooked, take a fork and shred the "meat" off the squash.  Serve with spicy Italian sausage and marinara.

I have to add the "technique" I use when cooking sausage because I always used to have trouble cooking sausage in the pan and having the center not cooked all the way through.  I place the sausage in a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil, a half a cup of water, cover and cook until the water is gone, then brown the sausage on all sides.  I learned this "technique" from the Johnsonville Sausage container. It pays to read the meat packaging when you are cooking. LOL!!!


No comments: