Saturday, March 22, 2014

Girl Scout Cookie Butter...Made from Trefoils!

Do you like Speculoos? Do you like Trader Joe's cookie butter?  Do you like Trefoil Girl Scout Cookies?  Then you HAVE to try this recipe!  I made some homemade speculoos not too long ago and gave some to a friend to taste.  She said it was too sweet for her, but she thought cookie butter made from trefoils would be PERFECT!!!!  Now that Girl Scout Cookie time is upon us, I bought up some boxes...well, a BUNCH of boxes.  I need to help those little girls get to scout camp...or someplace, right? :)

This is awesome on toast in the morning...noon...or night and everything in between, on pancakes, waffles, straight off the spoon.  It is truly divine!!!  This cook butter stuff is all new to me and I'm not sure why this idea had never crossed my mind before.   

Trefoil Cookie Butter:
1 box Trefoils - or 255 grams of another shortbread cookie
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 can coconut milk
2 tablespoons shortening
1 teaspoon lemon juice


Throw everything into your blender and flip the switch!  Puree until smooth and enjoy!

No comments: