I LOVE to recipe surf, especially for fun kid foods (there is a kid in all of us). I came across a recipe on a blog called 'Cooking with my Kid' that had a recipe for a Yogurt Parfait PIE! That's right, a PIE! What things does my two year old like? Fruit, yogurt, cheerios and graham crackers!
Prep Time: 8 to 10 hours (mostly unattended) Cooking Time: 5 to 10 mins
1 ½ cups finely crushed graham crackers
3 tablespoons lowfat vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Ingredients for the Filling:
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon sugar
½ cup water
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 ½ cups nonfat or lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 envelop unflavored gelatin
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, crushed Cheerios and sugar.
4. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate making sure to push it up along the sides.
6. Let cool completely (overnight is best) before adding filling. - I TOTALLY FORGOT TO DO THIS!
7. To make the filling, combine strawberries, blueberries and sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.
11. Combine yogurt with berries and then fold berries into egg / gelatin mixture.