Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Love random finds!

I got a wild hair tonight and thought it would be fun to create a want-to-be, lazy girl's version of focaccia/naan.  I had a loaf of Rhoades frozen bread to be used.  I followed the quick rise instructions on the package (place in non-stick pan, pre-heat oven to 200 degrees F, then turn off and add boiling water to a pan beneath the bread), rolled it out with a rolling pin,

 spread garlic infused canola oil over both sides and

GRILLED IT!!!!

Oh MY!  Was this a tasty method for cooking dough!  I had some seasonings for bread dipping and soaked up their yummy goodness with this GRILLED BREAD!!!  I think I have found a replacement for garlic bread!  I used my indoor, stove top, grill pan to cook the bread, but now that I know it will turn out, I'm going to do it on our charcoal grill next time!

No comments: