Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chicken, Peas and Pesto...OH MY!

We visited my husband's sister recently who is gluten-intolerant and I scored an AMAZING recipe from her.  Well, not a recipe as much as an idea.  I've been trying to eat less bread/carbs an increase the amount of veggies I get in my diet.  Because how can you encourage your child to eat their veggies when you aren't serving them!  My sister-in-law threw together a quick meal of leftover chicken, pesto and peas to make a quick salad.  My carb loving gut instinct was to turn my nose up, but I felt obligated because I was her guest. :)  SO GLAD I FELT OBLIGATED!!!!  I've been thinking about that salad for three weeks and decided to finally make it myself.  Only requirement...MAKE OR PURCHASE AWESOME PESTO!!!

Chicken, Peas and Pesto:
1 breast of chicken cooked and cut into bite sized cubes
1/4 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
1 cup frozen peas

Combine everything into a skillet and cook until peas are warmed through on medium heat.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: