Sunday, March 21, 2010

Appetizers for BUNCO!

Never in my life did I ever think I would be the BUNCO type.  But when you move to a city where you don't know many people, you learn to expand your horizon's.  Thank goodness I did!  BUNCO really is a fun and mindless game and a GREAT way for the ladies to hang out on a Saturday night.

We have LOTS of salmon in our freezer...thank you, Costco...so I decided whatever I made was going to have salmon in it.  I opted for a variation on a smoked salmon cream cheese dip.  Alex and I smoked our own salmon with a stove top smoker my dad gave us.  LOVE this product!  Makes smoking salmon SO EASY!!!!

I have a ravioli maker that REALLY helps out for this dish.  You can do it without this item, but if you are challenged with sealing your 'pillows' like I am, you'll appreciate the ravioli maker.  I got mine at Williams Sonoma a couple of years ago.

Smoked Salmon Dip Pillows
8 oz smoked salmon
8 oz room temperature cream cheese
6 tablespoons green onions
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 egg + an extra egg for an egg wash
1 package frozen puff pastry

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Defrost puff pastry for 30 minutes.

Mix together smoked salmon, cream cheese, green onions heavy cream and egg until well combined and set aside.

Cut puff pastry into three pieces on the fold.  Roll out so it will fit over the ravioli 'pot'.  Fill each 'pot' with the salmon mixture, about a teaspoon in each. 

Roll out another piece of puff pastry for the top of the pillow.  Place the metal ravioli cutter on top and press down until pieces are separated.  You may need a ravioli cutter for this part.

Place pillows on a greased cookie sheet and brush with egg wash.  Cook for 12-14 minutes.  Serve immediately.  

These babies were a HIT at BUNCO!  And I won the most games for the night!  YEAH!!! 

No comments: