Friday, March 12, 2010

Marinades ROCK!

These days I am all about simple and pure yummy...all at the same time.  How do I do it?  Marinades!  As I mentioned in my previous post, I like getting my meats at Costco but get tired of same old, same old.  Since my flank steak marinade was so successful I decided to try it out with salmon.  OH YEAH, BABY!  I scored this recipe off Allrecipes.com.  If you haven't checked this site you...DO IT!  I always search recipes by highest rating and I haven't been let down yet. 

Grilled Gingered Salmon
1 cup soy sauce

1 cup muscovado (dark brown) sugar
1 (5 inch) piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 (3 pound) whole salmon fillet with skin
1 untreated cedar plank

The recipe calls for three pounds of Salmon, but because it was just Alex and I tonight, only used a pound so I reduced the recipe into a third.  The original recipe called to grill the salmon on the cedar plank, but we weren't up for grilling tonight so we cooked the salmon in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.   
 
The marinade looked so fabulous I just couldn't dump it down the drain.  So I pulled a Rachael Ray and made a sauce out of it by cooking it down on the stove top on medium for 10 minutes.  We served it up over rice and drizzled the sauce over the top.  FREAKING FABULOUS!!!!  The salmon by itself with great, but the sauce added some SERIOUS flavor...especially to the rice.
 
I have to apologize up front for this picture...it was taken with my cell phone.  It was the only way you were going to see this dish before I devoured it. :)
 

No comments: