Monday, November 10, 2008

Come on Baby Light my Fire...Potatoes!

This last weekend a couple of my favorite blogs featured potatoes... ZestyCook...For the Love of Cooking. These blogs gave me a hankering for my Fiery Potatoes.

There is a fun little Tibetan restaurant in Salt Lake called, 'House of Tibet.' I have been eating there since I was in high school. They have a GREAT lunch time buffet that you can taste each of their fabulous, flavorful dishes. One of my favorites after their noodles with cabbage are the spicy potatoes.

I bought my office dinner from House of Tibet and every LOVED their potatoes. One of my co-workers loved the potatoes so much he went online and found a recipe similar to what House of Tibet serves. I have modified the recipe he found as I didn't feel it used enough seasoning as the original recipe called for.

Life My Fire! Potatoes:
3 large garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
3-5 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 tablespoons pepper sauce
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 medium russet potatoes (scrubbed and cut into 1 -inch chunks)
Notice from my picture I didn't include the garlic...yes, I forgot to add the garlic to the potatoes...they still turned out just as fabulous!
Preheat oven to 500 F.

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl...you can do this on the cookie sheet you intend to bake them on...but I find it is easier to do it in a bowl. Toss and coat evenly. Place coated potatoes on a cooking sheet in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.

Remove, scraping bottom while stirring to expose uncooked potato.
Return to oven and continue to roast an additional 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
Talk about comfort food! These potatoes can mend ANY bad day! I love that they are spicy and baked!

10 comments:

Meg said...

Yum! These potatoes look delicious and HOT!

imjacobsmom said...

Mmmmmm! I'm always game for a potato recipe! ~ Robyn

Zesty Cook said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love the fired potatoes... they look yummy! Sorry for the delay - i am way behind in commenting.

zesty

Dennis & Hollie said...

Damn!!! Those look awesome. You are hard core, aren't you??!?

Dennis & Hollie

Anonymous said...

Love spicy potatoes!

Pam said...

These little gems are calling my name. I love potatoes with a kick. Great recipe.

Clumsy Fisherman said...

Any great ideas for Thanksgiving?

Megan said...

Yum, these woud fire up some ordinary dinner. Thanks for the recipe!

Megan said...

I have all the ingredients except my potatos are red. I'll have to give these a try!

Kiezie said...

These look absolutely delicious!! We make a similar one, lots of garlic and chipotle chili powder!! I love your ingredients!!i