Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Chicken Salad Sandwiches...you can never go wrong with Chicken Salad. It is total comfort food for me. I love all the variations you can create with Chicken Salad. I don't combine meat and fruit, but this is one thing I make a concession on.

I have been turned on to Ellie Krieger lately because she makes your favorite recipes healthier. As a result, I have adopted her concept of using plain yogurt in the place of mayonaise in recipes. She doesn't tell you to forgo the mayo all together, but replace some of it. So that's what I did on this one. You can't tell a difference what-so-ever! I have started doing this with EVERYTHING! Thank you, Ellie Krieger!
Chicken Salad Sandwich:
1 can Kirkland branch canned chicken
2 tablespoons low fat mayo
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 green onions
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients together and put on whole wheat bread.

You can put any kind of fruit in this salad, any kind of onions along with any kind of nuts. I dig crunchy textures and nuts fit that bill. I also used the chicken salad as left overs in a tortilla with lettuce...you seriously can't lose with chicken salad!

No comments: