Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vitamix Smoothie Recipe

My in-laws bought Alex and I a Vitamix for Christmas last year.  This machine is pretty sweet!  It is quite industrial and makes some pretty amazing smoothies, soups, puree's...it is AWESOME!  In addition to the Vitamix, we got a 'cook' book with recipes for some of the most AMAZING smoothies EVER!  Every time I think I can make a better smoothie on my own, I am always sorely mistaken.  They have some phenomenal recipes that hide SPINACH in a yummy fruit smoothie!  This is a green smoothie even my 3 year old could appreciate!  This is a great way to get some fiber in her cheese eating body!


Going Green Smoothie:
1/2 cup water
1 cup green grapes - we like to freeze the grapes so they don't go bad.
1/2 cup fresh pineapple - same with pineapple, when you freeze the fruits you don't have to add ice.
1/2 medium banana - I used a whole one because I didn't want to waste the other half
2 cups fresh SPINACH - washed
1/2 cup ice cubes

Blend for 90 seconds or until consistency is as you like it.

Can you really believe that a SPINACH smoothie would be yummy?  Well, call me Popeye, because this spinach smoothie ROCKS!!!

No comments: