Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Greek Salsa

These salsa books I bought in San Antonio ROCK!!!!! I love salsa. I could eat it all day, every day. I bought these two books at the Alamo and *hoped* they were going to yield a couple of good recipes. All three recipes I have made from these books so far are phenomenal. I am going to be the hit of every appetizer party I attend for the rest of my life!

I wouldn't consider this a salsa exactly...it is lacking the spiciness of a chile...but it certainly is yummy! Alex thinks this would be awesome on a pizza. I whole heartedly agree!

Grecian Island Salsa:
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled - I made sure the feta was pasteurized so I can eat it in my 'condition'
1/2 cup white onion, minced
1 medium tomato, finely diced
4 0z. black olives, chopped - we used kalmata olives, much tastier
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh parsley, minced - I only used 1/3 cup because we only had curly parsley
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced - our silly grocery store didn't have fresh dill so we used a teaspoon of dried dill
Freshly ground black pepper to taste - NOTE: it does not say to add salt...don't do it. The feta and olive are salty enough. I added salt :)
Combine all ingredients and stir gently. Serve immediately with toasted baguette slices or pita crisps. We had it with crackers and it was GREAT!
Despite the fact that I added salt at the end, this was a wonderful salsa! But seriously, don't add salt. I'm not sure what I was thinking. It wasn't miserable by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't need it.

Wow. I have missed sharing recipes online. I am glad I am feeling better. When my belly gets bigger I will post a picture.

No comments: